Oct 2, 2009

A bit of bragging...

The Richard Armitage Fan Blog
has received its first (and only) award!


This is the Honest Scrap award. It is for those bloggers who "write from the heart."
The rules are to list 10 honest things about myself and pass it along to 7 bloggers.

So obviously, it's one of those pass-along awards given to me by a blogging friend who happens to be a big fan of RA as well, but don't knock my excitement!  I'm going to live it up, people!

Ahem, ahem...
*Picture me holding the Honest Scrap Award & wiping away a tear or two.*
First of all, I'd like to thank Maria for participating in this blog so often and giving me this award.
Secondly, I'd like to thank the handsome-pants Richard Armitage for giving me something to blog about!

Third, I'd like to thank Netflix for suggesting I watch "North & South" (based on other movies I checked out) and starting my love of RA work.  It's all their fault... I should sue for loss of sanity.

Fourth, I'd like to thank all of you who have participated in this blog with comments, photos, videos, emails or simply dropping by for a look now and then.  You all have added to my enjoyment of blogging! :)

Now that my gushing is out of the way...

Revealing truths about Natalie, the RA Fan Blog blogger:
1. I am married to someone who is smart, handsome and funny.  He can still make me blush after 7 years together!  I may be addicted to blogging, but he is addicted to fishing. :)
2. We have 2 boys who are the cutest, most mischievous things ever (ages 3 and 1.)
Our oldest son looks like my husband, the younger one looks like me.
3. I have long, curly auburn hair.
4. I don't have much fashion sense.  (I prefer t-shirts and jeans.)
5. Two of my favorite TV shows are "Little House on the Prairie" (don't judge me) and "I Love Lucy."
6. I have lived in Idaho, Arizona and Utah.
7. I didn't vote for Obama.  (Don't hate me, he won okay!)
8. I am slim, but only because I have a high metabolism.  I can put away food like you wouldn't believe and have a weakness for chocolate... especially brownies.  Some day this will all catch up with me!
9. My stick-figure drawing days started in Jr. High when my friends and I would write notes back and forth in class, along with stick-figure comics making fun of the teachers or fellow class mates. 
(Yes, rude.  No, we didn't get caught.  Yes, I was a nerd.)
10. Jobs I had before I was a stay-at-home mom: telemarketer (hated it), pet store employee (enjoyed it), receptionist (bleh), insurance underwriter (loved it)

Now to pass this award on to other bloggers...
This one is hard for me because a) I feel bad leaving anyone out, b) some of the blogs I would list have already been given this award, and c) I don't know of that many blogs besides personal friends linked to my family blog.  (If you have a fun blog to share, please email me the link!)

Therefore, I am going to cheat and only pass this award along to 2 other bloggers who have captured my attention with their entertaining and enlightening blogs, and do write from their hearts:

1. Ragtag at Reviewerama because her movie reviews are not only informative, but hilarious.
2. Charley at Enchanted Serenity of Period Films because it is a gem
for anyone who loves costume dramas.
*You two don't have to participate- I won't be offended. :)

And because the real reason you tune into this site
is not for me, but Richard Armitage, here you go:


Wasn't this picture worth skimming over all that other mumbo-jumbo?

13 comments:

phylly3 said...

Congratulations Natalie! You deserve it! I totally LOVE your Blog! And thanks for introducing me to so many other great ones too.

Haylie said...

LOL- You kill me. :)
Love the acceptance speech.
Don't worry, I was a nerd in jr. high too!

mulubinba said...

Congrats Nat!! Love this Lucas pic - is it from Series 8??

Charleybrown said...

Congrats to you Nat and thanks for passing it on!! Anyone who likes Richard knows what they're talking about! I wonder who out there has more loyal fans than Mr. Armitage! I'm just waiting for him to be featured in another period drama that might come close to North and South! See you round!

WitchyWoman said...

Aww congrats on the award Nat(loved the speech you're addicted to blogs and your husband is addicted to fishing LOL). I love the fact I stumbled on your blog. What a gem to stumble upon.
Keep up with all the lovely hard work you do.
Best Wishes
WitchyWoman

bZirk said...

Yea!! Natalie! You deserve an award. I think you're clever and funny and sensitive. And you're slim too!!! Man, God was not fair. :D

Seriously, I really enjoy this blog. I've indulged a lot, and like I've said before, it's calorie free. Hey, maybe I'll become slim again. LOL!

Speaking of which, I could eat anything I wanted until I was about 38/39 years old. Even having four children did not put weight on me, but hitting middle aged did. All of a sudden, Mexican food and Reese's Cups were not my friends anymore. LOL!

Nat at RA FanBlog said...

I have a feeling I'll be pleasantly plump one day and that's okay... I'm just going to live it up now! :)
(I know- totally wrong attitude, right? I should practice healthy eating habits now. Whatever.)

bZirk said...

Live it up! Being pleasantly plump or voluptuous, as I like to think of it ;), is pretty good too. Just more to love. :D

Let me put it this way. I will NEVER give up Mexican food. It's not happenin'. LOL!

Longhairedtoad said...

Congrats on your award. I so enjoy reading your blog even if I don't get to it daily.

Starheart said...

Congrats Nat, and thanks for passing it on! Yay!

Jessica said...

"Should sue for loss of sanity"- hahaha! I'm right there with you. I'm 36 and never had an obsession with any famous person until now(it started 2 years ago). I'm new to your blog and I love it! Will watch N&S again tonight. Can't wait until someone puts the new Spooks up on youtube(I'm in US), should be really soon now- yippie! :)

Tracey said...

Hi Nat, what a fantastic blog. I feel I have found a kindred spirit. We appear to be so alike, a serious crush - no it's an, obsession, a fabulous hushand,a three year old son and a fast metabolism !
My crush took hold 6 years ago and just won't let go ( I have no intention of letting it )
Us lucky girls in the UK are more than happy to share our beautiful boy with our sisters all over the world. It would be selfish not to !

Unknown said...

Excellent blog! Love Mr. Armitage in that pea-jacket (and jeans)!

Wish I had that fast metabolism. Only careful diet (not dieting!) keeps me 100 lbs. at 5ft. tall! Especially in middle age....

fitzg