May 12, 2010

The Matching Game


First of all, I have to give another shout-out to Heather
who has been a great sport about me doing a spoof on her vids.
I let her know my plan ahead of time and she was very supportive about it. 

If you have not yet seen Stick-Figure Richard's latest vid,
scroll down a few posts and take a look.  Germans, I'm still working out
the kinks for you... sorry about the YT restrictions for now.

SFR's version of "Sexy Back" has quite a few drawings,
and several of them were an attempt to replicate scenes from Richard's work.
Have you been able to match them?  If not, here are the side-by-side comparisons,
with a few links to previous posts that are related.

Lee strutting in his speedo by the pool:

My favorite Gisborne-on-horse scene:
*Read "A Gisborne Limerick" HERE.*

This was a repeat from SFR #6, but I had to use it again.
Suit-wearing Lucas on cell phone:

John Porter in his camo with gun:
(Although his stick figure feet bug me... I should've drawn some boots!)

The famous Gizzy-by-fireplace scene:
(Oh man, I should've added candles!)
 

Richard at the BAFTAs:
*See "Tux Week" HERE.*

Monet:
(I don't know why I always put that hat on him... it just looks more artsy.)

Harry in his scarf:
(I realized later that Harry never wears his scarves and glasses at the same time.)
*See "Scarves and Sweaters" posts HERE.*
 

Gisborne and his stubble of trouble:
(Now if only I could figure out how to draw the guyliner...)
*See "fickle facial hair" post HERE.*

John "so hot in a cravat" Thornton:
*See the "JT and the Amazing Technicolor Dream Cravats" post HERE.*

Lucas behind the wheel:
*Read "A Lucas Limerick" HERE.*

The evil mustache:

Cbeebies:

Sniffing a flower while brooding:

Angry, long-haired Gizzy with sword:
(I miss Gisborne. *sniff*)

OH MY GOODNESS!!!
While going through my pics that match with their SFR doubles,
I just realized that I left a very, very important depiction out of SFR's "Sexy Back" vid!
Gisborne tied to a tree, of course!  How on Earth did I forget that one!? 

29 comments:

MillyMe said...

I'm loving the reunion with all the other RA characters, now that Porter has been seriously hogging the limelight. Gizzy tied to the tree would certainly make my day!

Violet said...

You were spot on with capturing the essence of the portrayals! Love the Army-pants and it even had some SB-spoilers.
Look forward for more.

Unknown said...

This is awesome! I think my favorite is Gizzy by the fireplace. LOL!!

fitzg said...

SFR is a brilliant creation. Keep them coming - who knew a stick-figure could be so expressive!

Judith Johnson said...

SFR is so cute, you are quite the artist yourself and accomplished vid editor. I liked the scruffy Porter SFR the best by the way!!

Myrtle said...

I am in love with SF Harry :D

Manda said...

I have Stick-Figure Harry on my bulletin board now. :-)

tyme_4_t said...

Even a stick figure in glasses makes me swoon!

MaryKwizMiz said...

you can't begin to imagine what an exercise in patience this is for me :D
the SFR screencaps are just making me curse living in the 'wrong' country even more..
the essence of RA roles in a few lines - brilliant!!!
camo-scruff Porter is my favourite too.. along with cravat JT, and CuteClaude, and SizzlyGizzy.. and
the rest of them.
thanks so much for the "heads-up" - can't wait to finally see the animated version.

Twinkling Moon said...

Wow! YOU ARE GOOD! I can't even pick a few faves cuz they are all so good! You make me smile Nat, thanks so much :)

Anonymous said...

Awwww These are so cute. Um, I mean very hot and manly. Sorry SFRs.

Well done Nat.

By the way, stick figure Harry looks a bit like Harry Potter too.

Nat at RA FanBlog said...

TeeTotallyNot, oops! I didn't mean for this to be a spoiler for you.

littlevictories, SF Harry could totally pass for Harry Potter with that Hogwarts-looking scarf! (I wish they'd use RA for the "19 years later..." bit on the final movie. He would make a perfect and handsom grown up HP.)

tyme_4_t said...

@nat....RA as older Harry Potter!!! That would be amazing!

MaryKwizMiz said...

nay worries, I love spoilers :D
gives me something to look forward to, whenever :)

DEZMOND said...

I really don't get the Stick-man thingy, but Richard's photos are stunning as usually :)

Nat at RA FanBlog said...

Folks, Dezmond (above) has not been properly educated when it comes to Stick-Figure Richard (nor the real Richard) so please forgive him.
One day, we will lure him into RA fandom... but how? Seeing that his blog is always full of photos of skantily clad celebrities... perhaps posting plenty of shirtless RA pics would grab his attention.

DEZMOND said...

sure, anything shirtless always grabs my attention ^_^

Avalon said...

Nat, I have been working on Dezmond (with R.A and my sweet Ben Barnes) and it just isn't working...lol..Just last week he broke Ben's simple heart.

Cute post by the way. You know I love stick figure R.A

DEZMOND said...

OK, ladies, if I put Richard in the second part of TV HUNKS poll over at HOLLYWOOD SPY, do you promise to come there every day in hordes and vote for him? :))) I'll do it only if you can promise me at least 100 votes :PP Would that redeem me?

Avalon said...

Oh yes Dezmond, you know I will vote.

Nat at RA FanBlog said...

Dez, if you include Richard in your next TV hunks poll... I will definitely direct all of my blog readers to your site to do their RA-loving duty. The news will spread and the rest of the Armitage Army will show up, mouses ready to make their vote. I just feel sorry for the other contestants who will surely be left in the dust. :)

@Rob said...

this is just so so so clever. RA should be on EVERY TV hunks poll.

DEZMOND said...

OK, than I shall take care to put him in the poll with some less significant hunks, so that we would feel less sorry if they loose :PP

fitzg said...

How very gentlemanly of Mr. Dezmond to offer to put Richard in the poll with some "less significant hunks"!

We wouldn't wish our actor to LOSE, loosely speaking.(Off to remedial spelling for Mr. D.) :)

DEZMOND said...

Fitzg, English is not my native language, so you will excuse my mistakes :))

Myrtle said...

I am in love with SF Thornton :D

Avalon said...

Dezmond, most of us know what you meant and I think your English is fine. Nat's blog is for fun, not a spelling competition.

fitzg said...

Avalon, I am very rightly rebuked.
Dezmond, my sincere apologies - had no idea that English was not your first language. Inexcusable of me, anyway.

DEZMOND said...

No need to apologize, Fitzg, the smiley at the end of your comment says you meant it as a joke :)
But I do apologize if I sometimes make mistakes in English, it really isn't my native language and plus I've never been in an English speaking country. That's why pictures speak louder than words over at my blog :PPPP