Jan 5, 2012

RAnging in the New Year


Pretend this isn't 4 days late... and that it says 2012:
Photobucket

While I'm recycling stuff from a few years back...
check out this oldie about Stick-Figure Richard's New Years resolutions!
*Pause the blog's background music (if you can stand to stop listening
to the dwarfy swoon tune) before viewing*

Ah, a fresh new year!
So many things to look forward to... like The Hobbit.
Giddy-up, Thorin!

And while we're on the subject of horses
and looking bad-ARSE...

Okay, back to New Years.
(Apologies... my mind wonders when it comes to Mr. A.)

I guess I should make some goals, huh?
I mean... that's what people do this time of year.
I HATE being so cliche, but the first thing that popped into my head
was losing those extra pregnancy pounds that I still have...
over a year later. *ahem*

I guess there's this thing called "exercise"...
have any of you heard of it?  I'm not too sure I like
the sound of such a weird thing, so I shall look
to Richard for inspiration.

Step 1:
Get a SNAZZY work-out outfit.
Preferably tacky and circa 1991.
I think I can score one of these from my mom's closet!

Step 2:
Run like the wind!
This won't happen.  (Unless I pretend to see Richard Armitage
down the road and take off after him... with a stroller.)

Step 3:
Replace flab with muscle.
Does a 20 lb baby who wants to be carried everywhere
count as weights?  (Because otherwise, this won't happen either.)

Y'know what?  On 2nd thought,
I think my new New Years resolution shall be...
Bringing muffin tops into style!
(A lofty goal, I know.)

That, and spreading the Armitage Love!!!
I did over the holiday break a bit, and they don't even know it.

I showed "The Hobbit" trailer to 8 extended family members
(all men and LOTR fans) who loved it and were really excited!
A few even commented on how awesome the dwarfs were...
especially "that lead one who sings."  (Insert Nat's smug look here.)
Yes, my friends... even MEN are destined to become RA fans! *gasp*

I have the feeling a lot of Armitage love
will be spread by many this year!

13 comments:

Phylly3 said...

Happy New Year Nat! And I don't mind partying like it's 2010. As I remember that was an awesome party. This year I stayed home, and while I did have fun chatting in Judiang's chat room, it might have been nice to be out at a party too!
I love that reaction from the men about the dwarf that sings! So exciting!!!
Okay, I'll stop now and give somebody else a turn with you.
*Mmmwah* Nice to be here again!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Nat! So glad when we get a post from you. :) Wishing you a wonderful year ahead, with or w/o muffin top!

Nat at RA FanBlog said...

Thanks, Phylly and Cal! :)
I spent my New Years at a cabin in the mountains, so I didn't have internet access. Judiang's chat room sounds fun. I must pick the wrong moments to pop in because nobody is ever there when I am. (Although several people have mentioned chatting there. When is "happy hour"?)
Cal- thanks for accepting me and my muffin top. I heard from a reliable source that Richard likes 'em on ladies. (Attempt #1 to get the trend starting. haha)

NovemberBride said...

Hey Nat! I was reading along and THEN the Voice bagan. It just stops me in my tracks every time I hear it! Woohoo!

No resolutions here. It's more like a Bucket List! And at the top of the list is to see The Hobbit!! =0)

re:muffins=food and that's all.

Violet8886 said...

Nat you are a beautiful person. Being a mom is sweet and loving, enjoy all of it. I love that you have introduced Thorin/Richard to more family members. The Hobbit for sure has so much for men and women alike. Don't worry about pregnancy pounds, everyone's resolution should be to enjoy life. :):)

Musa/Fabo said...

Happy New Year Nat!

This will be a marvelous year - The Year of The Hobbit - and I'm so happy also to read wonderful comments about RA from even some Tolkien fans! Of course, we knew it all along.

What can I say, I had a muffin top before your blog made muffin tops cool :):)

RAFrenzy said...

Natalie,

Always glad to see you. Where do I get a muffin top?! ;-) See how easy I am? :D

diveknit said...

Happy New Year Nat. I am having a nice dejavu moment. I am in my new job, at lunch, reading your blog laughing :)

In regards to recruiting more RA fans - I think that my daughter now 9 then 10 when the hobbit is out, might be to young to be a fan, but I am trying to convince her that she should read The Hobbit this year, so she can come and watch it with hubby and me :)

Myrtle said...

Happy New Year everyone. :)

CDoart said...

Happy New Year to you, Nat and SFR! It is so good to hear from you and your funny post had me fully smiling, even before "even MEN" ;o))))

bccmee said...

So far your predictions are coming true.

karin said...

Hi,
I wish you a Happy New Year!.
Greetings from Argentina

Ivania said...

I've converted three people this January. I feel so accomplished.