May 10, 2014

Smelling the Roses



As you may know, 
I haven't been RA-obsessed for a while.
He's still my fave, but you can only write so many limericks
about one guy 
or analyze his cravats or guyliner for so long before...
Wait, did somebody say guyliner!?!

*Ahem.*

Where was I??? Oh yeah,
totally not captivated anymore.

Don't get me wrong...
my home hasn't been Armitage-free, by any means!
My 8 year-old son 
watches "Desolation of Smaug" as often as he can.
Between this face constantly on screen, and the Hobbit Lego set
often sprawled across our kitchen table (no, I haven't 
stolen the
kid's Thorin figure... geez), I am frequently reminded of RA.

But not obsessed.  Nope.
In fact, I laugh at my past-smitten self!  Ha!
(Especially when I read my old posts,
because not to brag or anything, but 
they're freaking hilarious!!!)

These days, I'm too busy being your stereotypical
soccer mom with a giant SUV full of dozens of children
who need to be chauffeured to games or swimming lessons.
(Well, only 4 kids, actually... but it feels like 12 sometimes.)
I should look into this.  Save on gas.


Every once in a while, though, I have a day
like today, 
which was completely unproductive. 
I was sick with a tummy bug. I'll spare you the details, 
but I was lying on the couch like this all day:
(Not me.  I was wearing smexy yoga pants
that are used for comfort purposes only, never working out,
because what in the heck is exercise anyway?)

All I wanted was some 
Sprite, chicken noodle soup,
and my dose of old school Armi.

This is what I'm talkin' about:

Dr. Thornton, making a house call:

Whenever I feel under the weather and
have time to kill, 
"North & South" is my go-to comfort.
My JT time was long overdue, which is why I probably got sick.
You know the old saying, "An Armi a day keeps the doctor away."

I must admit, watching our Richard as John Thornton
still makes my heart flutter, six years after I first saw him 
storm through his mill to punch a guy in the face.
Get 'em, Johnny!

*Sigh*

But yeah, I may have spent the day
swooning like a schoolgirl over Mr. Thornton...
then reading some smutty fanfic about John & Margaret...
watching my favorite clips of the Gizster...
replaying Heather's famous "Sexy Back" video...
trolling the net for new RA updates...
"oohing" and "ahhing" at fan art...
but that's it, I swear!

I'm totally not a crazed fan any more.
Okay!?

Except that today I've realized
that I sort of am and always will be.

No matter how busy life gets,
when I need a fix, Richard is there...
and I feel happy, even when feeling crappy. :)
Thank you, dearest Richard, for lifting my spirits.
And thank you, fellow RA admirers, for the entertainment as well!

One does need to take a break from 
the craziness of life to stop and smell the roses
from time to time.  And I intend to do so more often!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bravo! Armitage Addiction is a very pleasant condition to be stuck with. Best give in and enjoy it. ;)

Unknown said...

I fell off my seat, LOVING this !!!!!! OH, BABY!! He is MY N&S Therapy Plan!!! I am SO-O proud of you for dragging out the N&S and curling up for Dr. JT!!!! YES!!! I shall check back to see how your doin"!! XOXO

@Rob said...

Oh Nat!
Happy Mother's Day to you.

N&S is the best balm for sick days.



Anonymous said...

It is so good to know that I'm not the only one who turns to John Thornton and N&S when in need of some comfort xx

Phylly3 said...

Sorry to hear you were sick - but how great it is that we can self-medicate with a dose of Thornton! Always happy to read your bloggings!

Servetus said...

So glad Armitage medicine still works. Hope you feel better soon!

Gratiana Lovelace said...

Richard Armitage soothes the soul--talented actor/storyteller, and all around nice guy (little g). Happy Mother's Day! And Rock On Fangirl!

theeyeshaveit said...

Good to see a post from you and know that RA/NS still does it for you as for many of us.

Traxy said...

They ARE freaking hilarious, though! :D Always nice to hear from you in one way or the other. Hope you feel better soon! *hugs*

siouxiesioux said...

How eloquently put dear Nat and sadly for many of us - so very true x

Cecile said...

Do you need a quick loan to fix a problem? Are you ready to take out a fast and reliable loan?
If so, leave us a message: creditandloan123@gmail.com

Cecile said...

Do you need a quick loan to fix a problem? Are you ready to take out a fast and reliable loan?
If so, leave us a message: creditandloan123@gmail.com