Apr 23, 2010

Sherwood Forest's Real Hero


In honor of Earth Day (yesterday) I thought we should focus on trees...
the trees of Sherwood Forest, that is, and who really cares about them.

Does Robin and his gang of hooligans care about the trees?
They appreciate the shelter and protection from the enemy that the forest provides...
but there's no real love there my friends, and I'm going to prove who truely
looks out for the environment, in a totally unbias view.

Exhibit A:
Examine these photos.  Who seems to be more fond of trees here?

Exhibit B:
Robin uses trees as a form of punishment... tying up gorgeous rivals to their trunks
and then throwing knives into their bark!  What a jerk.
Gizzy is so sad that Robin would harm a tree like this.

Exhibit C:
When Robin isn't throwing knives into trees, he is using them for target practice.

Exhibit D:
Gisborne and trees go together so nicely.

Exhibit E:
Robin had the nerve to carve his and Marian's initials into an innocent tree!!!
Oops... wrong Robin.
Um, I'm sure the other one did the very same thing. 
Why does he hate the environment so?

As you can clearly see...
Sir Guy of Gisborne is the REAL hero when it comes to the beauty of Mother Nature.
I don't know if he would be considered a "tree hugger"... but he certainly has a way with them.

Happy Belated Earth Day. :)

Enjoy your weekend and all the beauty Earth provides!

20 comments:

flandersdreamer said...

Where do you get your inspiration, dear Nat? This is so witty and cute! Happy Earth Day to you too!

Judith Johnson said...

Thought you might enjoy this bit of arcane info! Especially coveted were Lincolnshire scarlet cloths, colored with a dyestuff made from the pulverized remains of an exotic beetle; this deep red Lincoln fabric was the highest-priced woolen on the competitive Venetian market in 1265. A second favored color of Lincoln woolen goods was the green so famously associated with Robin Hood. Great post as always!

tyme_4_t said...

That is a great way to celebrate Earth Day!
I would tie myself to a tree with GoG any day!
You are the best Nat!

virginie said...

And Robin also uses trees to make his arrows !!! Nasty Robin ! lol

Phylly3 said...

Gizzy the tree hugger indeed! Any excuse to show him tied to a tree, right Nat? I'm lovin' it!

Myrtle said...

Is it just me, or does the sight of Gizzy in S3 tied to a tree, make anyone else want to start untying laces??? :

Happy Earth Day!

Anonymous said...

Gizzy as enviromentalist? Thanks for a raucous giggle, Nat!

Joan Crenshaw said...

Myrtle, I have been thinking much the same thing since the first time I saw our Guy tied to the tree...I mean throwing himself in front of it as protector.

Fanny/iz4blue said...

That's exactly my kinda Earth day! Why do I never run into a Gizzy tied to a tree when I hike in the woods??? One can keep on dreaming...

Fanny/iz4blue said...

That's exactly my kinda Earth day! Why do I never run into a Gizzy tied to a tree when I hike in the woods??? One can keep on dreaming...

Traxy said...

That made me giggle. :) You're right, Gizzy does look very nicely next to a lovely tree. Happy belated Earth Day!

bZirk said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

hey can you make a Richard's International book day especial? PLEASE!!! thanks!!

Avalon said...

Gisborne can do not wrong in your eyes...lol

MillyMe said...

We've just had Environment Week at the school where I work as a teacher. I'm not sure I'd have dared use Gizzy tied to a tree as an example of an environmentally-friendly attitude. It's pretty bad form, I'd say, to drool and pant and wish to untie laces as Myrtle suggests above, in front of primary school kids!

Twinkling Moon said...

Nat, you are a riot!

I never would have connected Earth Day with GoG, I guess that's why you write the blog and I just enjoy :)

ladyjuliana said...

Love it, Nat, where do you get your inspiration? Guy looks very lovely tied to a tree... deinfitely my kind of Earth Day.

ladyjuliana said...

Love it, Nat, where do you get your inspiration? Guy looks very lovely tied to a tree... deinfitely my kind of Earth Day.

Guylty said...

Came over here via Servetus and just laughed my bark off. Fantastic post. Guy the Green Hero. Love it. Thanks for brightening up the tired end of my day!

Kathy J said...

this is hilarious. Guy as a tree hugger,frolicking in the woods among his leafy friends. Thanks for the laugh.