Jul 29, 2010

Happy Birthday, dear Fan Blog... Happy Birthday to you!


*Sound the trumpets...*

It's
The Richard Armitage Fan Blog's
1st birthday!
Richard dressed up for the occasion.

Blog Stats~
Started: July 28, 2009
Number of Posts: 276
Number of site visits: 205,000

A year ago I thought, "It would be fun to start a blog all about that actor I love watching."
So I did. I had no idea that I would actually stick with it for this long  and that it would be
a hobby I'd enjoy so much. I didn't realize that I'd form friendships with awesome people from
around the world that I've never met in person.  And most of all, I didn't know that one actor could
be analyzed in SO MANY rediculous ways in great detail and have such a blast doing so.
(We've discussed facial hair, black leather, cravats, blinking, Guyliner, sweatersand 
"stuff you're not supposed to discuss about Richard" amongst other things.)


I was already overly excited at the 6 month anniversay,
doing a celebratory post in January listing my favorite moments of the
first 6 months... so if you haven't been around for the entire year (has anyone besides
me?) please go back and read those.  I'll spare the rest of you and not repeat myself
with that same list, but I will share my favorite moments of the last 6 months! 
(Can't resist.  Plus, it's now tradition.  And I'm a bit over-the-top sometimes.)

Click:
Nat's Favorite Moments of the
Richard Armitage Fan Blog's first 6 months.


And now...
Favorite blogging moments
from the last 6 months~
(links are in green)


Favorite Group Effort:
I have two for this category.

The RA Fanstravaganza
In March, a handful of RA bloggers came together for this week-long "event,"
each hosting polls about Richard's work, featuring his particular roles and highlighting various RA fans. 
Though some of you blog hoppers may have grown tired of hearing "Fanstravaganzaaaaaa" over and over,
I thought it was so fun.  I loved seeing what creative ideas the other bloggers came up with that week.
This whole thing was the brilliant idea of Maria Grazia at Fly High!

also, The Letter to Richard
Thanks to every one who added your messages to this letter!
Doing this with the help of others gave me the encouragement to actually mail it. :)



Favorite "Festive Cheesetastic" Video:
A Richard Armitage Valentine

It's just SO cheesy, you can't hate it.
(However, my favorite festive cheestastic over all is "An Armitage Christmas Carol")


Favorite holiday-related post:
"Sherwood Forest's Real Hero"
(In honor of Earth Day and because Gizzy and trees go together so nicely.)


Favorite odd-ball post idea:
(and I've posted a lot of weird stuff)
"Dr. Seuss: Armitage Style"
Red Rich, Blue Rich...
Because both Dr. Seuss and Richard Armitage are awesome.


Favorite attempt at being poetic:   
The limericks.
This is the only type of poetry I can write.  And I crack myself up.


Favorite "Nat's Stuff" post:
 "A Different Perspective"
Because everyone should count their blessings in life.
I realize that I put a lot of myself into this blog with personal thoughts and feelings.
That is the best way I know how to relate to something or share my perspective. 
Hopefully that doesn't take away from the focus on RA.


Favorite Drool-Worthy Moment:
The 2010 BAFTA obsession!
Just look at that!!!  *sigh*
That particular Sunday (June 6th), we were able to enjoy some of the BAFTA 
excitement thanks to various websites posting pics of the latest happenings as soon as possible. 
Then reading other's experiences of meeting RA in person was icing on the cake!


Favorite Dorktastic Creation:

Over the last 6 months, a few more of SFR's adventures aired on YouTube:
 Part 5 (the search for a nose) and Part 6 (the way Spooks S8 should have been.)
Plus, he was turned into a watercolor painting (which made its way to Manda's house),
appeared in his own "Sexy Back" video, started his own Twitter account and
made travel plans to visit various regions of the world.


Before wrapping up this celebration,
I have to send a big shout out to our favorite actor,
Richard Armitage, whose work and talent brings us so much
entertainment and various creative outlets within the "fandom."

Richard, if you ever read this,
thank you and keep up the good work!
And I promise I'm not crazy... just have a goofy sense of humor.


I also want to say THANK YOU
to all of you lovely blog readers, who make this hobby of
mine so much more fun with your interaction and contributions.
I greatly appreciate your support over the last year, whether
you've followed along for a while, or just recently.
I hope we will share more laughs
and swooning to come! 

44 comments:

Phylly3 said...

Happy Happy Birthday to your marvelous fan blog, Nat! Your blog is as addictive as Richard himself! Thanks for getting me started in RA appreciation, by your list of other wonderful blogs that I now frequent regularly. You (and those other bloggers) inspired me to create my own blog as well.
You have so many great postings it is hard to narrow them down to a few, but of course Stick Figure Richard is top of the list!
I will stop now, as I am sure you will have many more admiring comments to read!

Phylly3 said...

A Limerick for Nat:

Our Nat is quite good at blogging
Her posts of RA are top dogging
Witty and funny
Cute and quite punny
Can’t have too many pics of John and Margaret snogging!

Stick figure Richard she invented
His place in history is cemented
His adventures are great
For more we can’t wait
From enjoyment we can’t be prevented.

bZirk said...

@Natalie,

I'm so glad I've gotten to hang out with you. Thanks for the ride!

I hope Richard Armitage really does read your stuff sometime. If so, he'll get a major treat!

@Phylly,

LOVE THAT!! Perfect. :D

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday! I am totally with Philly on this... your blog is as addicting as THE MAN himself!

And yes Gizzy we DO want you to jump out of a cake! LOL Love that caption!

You never fail to bring a smile to my face and crack me up! Keep it up!

@philly - love the limerick!

Skully said...

Happy 1st Birthday! Hope you've got cake :)

Nat at RA FanBlog said...

Thank you, ladies!

Nice limerick, Phylly. :)

Skully, I returned home today from a family reunion where we celebrated 4 different birthdays... so I'm all caked out! (And that's sayin' something, coming from me.)

flandersdreamer said...

Sincere cogratulations, Nat!
I'll say the same to you as you did to Richard: keep up the good work!

B* said...

Happy 1st Birthday, Nat! I was lucky to have "found" your blog early last fall, so have enjoyed your wonderful twist on RA for a while now... :) Your great sense of humour is what keeps me coming back for more. I've enjoyed all your posts, but I especially liked the Dr. Seuss (really laughed at that one) and Gisborne's tree post (too funny)! Also, for some reason I kept laughing seeing all RA characters dressed as leprechauns on St. Patty's day....!
Thanks for the fun; hope you are keeping well.

Myrtle said...

Happy Birthday Nat & RA Fanblog. You are a talented lady and it is a joy to join in the fun with you and other lovely 'bloggers'

Thankyou :D
xxx

Lovely limerick phylly! :D

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday armitagefanblog! Nat, you crack me up too. So glad you started this blog a year ago and stuck with it. It has been a delightful distraction. Thank you.

Clever limerick phylly3! Most appropriate.

Servetus said...

Happy Birthday, armitagefanblog! I only found you in January, but I've been hooked every since, Natalie, by your combination of great content and style and personal humor and generosity.

Many, many happy returns.

Ali said...

Congratulations Nat, your blog is a delight, always entertaining, always amusing and a pleasure to read. Keep it up and we'll celebrate your 2nd year anniversary before you know it.

Oh and take care of bump no.3 xx

tyme_4_t said...

Cheers Nat on RAfanblog's Anniversary!
Looking forward to future laughs & swoons!

@phylly - Well done!

MillyMe said...

Inspired by phylly3 and because all the other posters have put it so well, a tribute to Nat in the spirit of Dr Seuss:

Posters’ Delight

One blog, two blogs,
Three blogs fine
In bloggers’ paradise
Nat’s is divine!

Full of good laughs
Full of wit
In the blogger’s world
It’s a smash hit!

Lots of pictures
Dedicated to RA
A mum of two and a half
She makes it child’s play.

Stick Figure Richard
Is our hero
Our love for him
Just seems to grow.

Every day I visit
In order to drool
Which Nat allows
In fact, it’s cool!

So hip hurray
To her we say
Dear talented Nat
Happy first birthday!

Maria Grazia said...

Happy 1st blogoversary, Nat!!!
I congratulated you on Twitter too!
Keep up the good work and your enthusiasm!
**Hugs**
MG

Maria Grazia said...

Ooops! I forgot my happy birthday twit to you!
http://twitter.com/SMaryG/statuses/19898584236

diveknit said...

Happy 1st blog birthday Nat ad thank you so much for putting a smile on my face each time I need it!
I am so happy I have found it and enjoy sharing my passion for RA's work with you and the other blog followers.

@Rob said...

@Nat:

You rock & so does your blog! Thanks for doin' what you do! You provide a nice little oasis to hang out on.

kaprekar said...

Nat

I just wanted to add how much I enjoy your blog. I just love your writing style and sense of humour. Keep it up!

DEZMOND said...

Happy B-day Nat and the fans!!! I always thought your blog was older than mine, but it turns out it's not, so that a compliment - you look mature for your age (off course only when you're not in your Sticky-Dicky phase :PP) :))))

Violet said...

Congratulations to you Nat, for sporting a multiple faceted, cheerful, funny and cute blog that brings twinkles in my eyes. You amaze me everytime with your creative associations. Keep it up while you can.

Avalon said...

Congratulations Nat!

I am sure RA adores his cake! But seriously I am honored to have met and became your friend. Through you I have met some amazing ladies. I am thankful for my lil RA group.

And yes, RA PLEASE jump out of the cake!

Violet8886 said...

Happy 1st Birthday. :) Thanks Nat. :) Your site is a pleasure to visit every day..So many nice photos and your comments are always welcome...Now all we need is Richard jumping out of the cake..Actually, even just Richard without the cake would be just as fine...

Lady Gis-Monet Thornton said...

Wow, already a year?!? Congrats, Nat! I've been checking out your blog for a while now. It's been wonderful, uber-witty! I check daily, always in anticipation of some good fun. :D Gotta luv that Stick-Figure Richard! (NOT Sticky-Dicky, ok Dez?!? luv ya dez). Thanks Nat!

esoterica2000 said...

Happy Birthday to the blog that made me into a full-fledged fan of RA! This is the first site I check everyday, and I love every witty and endearing post. Thanks for making the obsession fun!

Beth said...

Natalie Congratulations! your blog was the best thing I found about Mr. Richard "Beautiful" Armitage. Thanks and for another year! BESOS from Argentina.

trudereads said...

Congratulations!!!
I've been looking forward each day for your new postings on this blog and enjoyed it very much.

From the Netherlands: Huray and another year please

zyradustorm said...

A whole year! Congrats Nat! I'm so thankful you keep this amazing blog going, even with #3 coming along! :) Thanks for showing me I'm not the only one!

Fanny/iz4blue said...

Congrats Nat with your first anniversary! Thanks for all the RA joy!

mulubinba said...

Congratulations Nat!!! Happy Birthday to the RAfanblog ... and yes, I have been around since your first couple of posts :)

(Does that mean I've been blogging about RA for a year too!? I think I started on August 5th ...)

Starheart said...

Congratulations on 1 year! Really? It's zoomed by.

JEMMA said...

Happy Birthday and many thanks for all your hard work on your RAfanblog Nat. I always enjoy what you have to say and really enjoy your great sense of humour, not to mention the gorgeous photos of a certain talented - and gorgeous - actor! Here's to many happy returns!

Congrats to Philly amd Millyme - well done!

pi said...

Happy blog birthday! Even though I just discovered your site, it means there's a wealth of posts to look forward to!

Your blog is a little island of crinkly grace and light in an often crappy, flat world. I enjoy and marvel at your creativity, and always leave with a smile.

Thank you.

Many happy returns!

Twinkling Moon said...

Nat, all has been said so eloquently already, just passing on my Congrats to you too! I've been following since early last fall and have enjoyed everything about it :) It's the first RA devoted site I ever came to know and it has exposed me to the fandom of RA and the great people in it

Wish your blog another great year, even with baby #3 on the way!

MTA: love the pic with Guy and the cake quote! I don't think I've seen that pic with that expression on RA's face before, but it really does sum up Guy :)

Ann Marie said...

Nat,

Congratulations to you for writing a superbly creative blog. Your humor never fails to make me chuckle and is a source of fun amusement. I have been amazed at the creativity exhibited by the "fandom" members and have enjoyed great intellectual discussions on a wide range of topics originate by one of his roles. If Mr. a had played a role in a costume drama about the Tudors or Plantagenets I certainly would have done much better in college in Modern European History I and II. But then, Mr. A was just a boy at the time.
Thanks Nat for your unique talent and humor. I look forward to many more laughs along the way. God Bless!

Heathra said...

Happy 1st RA Fan Blog Birthday Nat!! I love reading all your creative posts and love your sense of humor! ;-) I am sure if Richard reads he loves it too! ;-) Thank you for entertaining us and I look forward to future entries! Cheers to future years! ;-)

Sue said...

Happy Birthday!

It's good to know that I'm not the only crazy out there!

RAfandreamer said...

Happy birthday RAfanblog! Nat, congratulations for the first year of this fabulous and fun blog. Thank you for sharing your creativity and sense of humour with all of us RA admirers! Looking forward to your future posts!!
*BIG HUG*

Musa said...

Congratulations Nat! Happy First Birthday to the marvelous RAfanblog. Though I just recently started following your blog, I love your sense of humor and your view of RA world. I check in here now first thing every morning. Much success always :)

Elisabet said...

Congrats Nat on the first birthday your your marvelously funny blog. Your's was the first RA blog that I found on the Net, some time back in January, and it has had me me LOL lots of times! Thanks so much for all the fun. You have a wonderful sense of humor.

Anonymous said...

@Sue You said it. lol

OneMoreLurker said...

I'd like just to add my 'Happy 1st Anniversary RA Fan Blog!'.

You have a wonderful blog, keep up the good work! You're great at this.

OML :)

Nat at RA FanBlog said...

Thank you for the lovely comments, everyone! I means a lot. :)

Happy birthday wishes for a friend said...

such a nice blog i read ur blog ang i really like ur blog i also write a blog on Happy birthday wishes for a friend